American Extremist Groups Research Project
For this project, you will be researching an active extremist group in the United States.
Excellent Source for information: Southern Poverty Law Center
Please create a multimedia presentation which answers the following questions:
1. What is the history of the group or ideology? When did it begin and who was its founder(s)?
2. What are the major beliefs of this organization? (Mission Statement, Statement of Purpose, Goals, etc.)
3. Who are its typical members? (Is there a dominating pattern of gender, age, race, nationality, and/or religion?)
4. Who does this group view as its “enemy”? Does the group offer a reason “why” it has this “enemy”?
5. How does this group recruit new members? (Links to other websites, book or other literature available for purchase, notices of and invitations to meetings, etc)
6. What is a recent activity, interest, concern, or issue for this group? In other words, what is the group most concerned about today?
Multimedia Presentation: You have to somehow use a multimedia tool to teach the class the findings above. How will you do it? It’s up to you.
Ideas: Create a Google Presentation, Powerpoint, Spicy Node, Prezi, Glog, or SOMETHING ELSE (documentary movie?)
YOU MUST INCLUDE FIVE RELEVANT IMAGES in your presentation minimum.
Please use bullets NOT HUGE PARAGRAPH CHUNKS!
You will have all hour and TOMORROW to do this assignment. Come ready. If done early, work on finding a current event